Why Tour the Dojo?
If you wanted to fly a 747, would you just climb in the cockpit and start pushing buttons? Of course not! You would want a hands-on, interactive learning experience with people who know how a 747 works.
Touring the Dojo is a similar concept. Sure, we could send you a few pictures of the space and a quick-start guide on the processes, but that is not going to get you what you need. Walking through the Dojo is not so much about seeing the space or learning our process, but more about experiencing the culture and mindsets within the Dojo and how the Dojo continues to contribute to a bigger change.
Target is taking a very innovative approach to its agile transformation and is incredibly open and honest when describing their journey. This [dojo tour] isn't just marketing... they provide real value to others earlier in their journey. Thank you!
What does the Tour Cover?
Below are some of the things you can expect on your visit to the Dojo:
- A highlight of Target's journey, and how a large, Fortune 50 company is changing from a traditional, rigid, hierarchical structure to a more flexible and fluid operation, levering Product, Lean, Agile, and DevOps mindsets and practices.
- A walk through the physical space of the Dojo and a conversation about how the Dojo not only transforms how teams work, but also how teams learn.
- Open and honest dialogue about what has and is working for us and, just as important, what has or is not working for us. Chances are we have encountered many of the same situations, challenges, and concerns you may have or know are coming. We’ll share our approach, the successes and failures, to foster your goal of learning.
We will tailor the tour to meet your requests, answer your questions, and empower you with knowledge to take back and share with your peers. We know you are on or starting a long journey, and we are still on that journey too.
- Tours are typically 3 to 4 hours:
- About 1.5 hours of seeing the Dojo and sharing Target's journey
- 1.5 - 2.5 hours of discussion on topics of interest to you
- Works best with groups of 6 – 12 people
- Tours are offered at our Northern Campus (original and bigger) or Downtown City Center Campus (little smaller, but everything there)
- There is no cost, simply your time and an open mind
Target Northern Campus
7000 Target Parkway North
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, 55445
Target City Center
33 South 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402